Standard height help please NO ADA

Users who are viewing this thread

meyerovb

Reaction score
Does TOTO have any non-ADA toilets with an elongated bowl, sanigloss, and dual cyclone flush?

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerovb

Reaction score
They do have the CST744SG and CST744EG, which are standard height, elongated, CEFIONTECT.
The rinse comes straight down the bowl.

This is depressing... I can't believe TOTO isn't doing standard height toilets as much anymore... it would be great to have cyclone flush with a comfy height.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Kohler Memoir sink:
K-2268-8.jpg

You may also have a problem matching the white colour. Kohler Memoir toilets are all ADA/Comfort Height.

Even the rounded lines of the Transitional Drake tank lid may clash with the sharp lines of the Memoir vanity.

Don't go form-over-function. A great looking toilet that has a lousy flush is no bargain.

With my ADA Drake I use a slim Kohler seat (3/4" thick at the front foot pad.) With my regular height Drake I use the thick Toto seat (1+3/8" thick at the front foot pad.) 14+5/8" (bowl height) + 1+3/8" (seat height) = 15.0" I wish that a regular height toilet was 15.0" high before a seat is added. That is what I consider ideal. ymmv. A 15" high bowl allows the use of a 1/2" (hard to find), 3/4" (plastic), 1" (plastic or wood), 1.25" (plastic or wood), 1.5" (wood) toilet seat.

Give us a little time to do some research. We might be able to come up with something, although we probably can't guarantee whether or not it has a good, or great, flush.

The Cadet Pro has a nice flowing trap way and is 15" high. I wouldn't buy it at HD, Lowe's or Costco, though. And since it is a "Trades" toilet, it may not be that good. You'd have to ask Terry.

Me, I'd just get the Drake 1.6gpf in regular height and add the thick Toto seat. A matching tank lever will cost you, though.

You have a lot of research to do and show room visiting.

Last edited:

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect by this whatsoever, so please don't take offense. If the standard height is also challenging, there are those toilets made with a 10" bowl height. I'm sure there are other manufacturers, but one I am familiar with is American Standard #2315.228. The seat is not included. You probably wouldn't want this in your primary bathroom, but if the bathroom is used usually just by you, this might be a comfortably feasible option. It has a 10" rough-in, though, so if yours is the standard 12", you'd have a space behind the tank.
5593_prd_s_020.png

And there's the Gerber #21-601, also with a 10" rough-in.

Attachments

• 21-601.jpg
    21-601.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

Wallijonn

Reaction score
He apparently has no trouble getting up from a lower height toilet and he feels the higher height puts him in a "less natural" position for the task at hand.

You can ameliorate the problem somewhat by installing the slimmest possible toilet seat.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To qualify for an ADA rating requires more than one 'feature':
- the flush handle must be on the side with the most room so someone in a wheelchair can reach it- so, if everything else was right, but it's not available with the flush handle on the needed side, it would not be listed as an ADA toilet
- it must be elongated
- it should have a seat with a gap at the front to qualify as ADA compliant
- it needs to be within the guidelines for seat height. NOte, a toilet can be that height, and not be ADA compliant

The average height of Americans has been steadily rising. Certainly, there are and probably always will be those on either end of that range. Companies make things for the mass market since more people are likely to buy them. You will not find as many choices once you get out of the 'average', and you might pay more for it. IOW, the height of an average toilet has been rising over the last few decades because more people are wanting them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks