stains on my ecodrake with CEFIONTECT

Users who are viewing this thread

sleepwalker821

Reaction score
first let me start with a huge thank you to everyone on these forums. as a diy'er i have received invaluable help from this site for both houses i have owned.

i purchased a toto ecodrake with CEFIONTECT last october and have been thrilled with it. over the past few months residue has started to form in the bowl. they can be cleaned with a brush, but they give off an obviously horrific smell beforehand. i know this must be incredibly unhealthy, because if i can smell it then every time i flush the toilet particles are being released into the air i am breathing.

my guess is that at some point we scratched the CEFIONTECT and this is just how it is, but i'm wondering if anyone has any other theories...

maybe this is a clog (but the flush always goes down) or something else that someone may have come across. if we did indeed scratch the surface then is my only option purchasing a new eco drake bowl?

thanks in advance

a>

a>

Attachments

• IMG_9337.jpg
    IMG_9337.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_9338.jpg
    IMG_9338.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would use a toilet bowl cleaner, letting it soak for a minute or two.
I normally hit mine once a week.

Last edited:

sleepwalker821

Reaction score
should i look for something specific so i dont damage the sanigloss? to make things more difficult, my wife is very green and tries to only use natural products...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks