Sprinkler zone not turning on

Users who are viewing this thread

cheapsaket

Reaction score
I have a rainbird ESP-6TM system.
There are 6 zones and the system will work fine where it will cycle through zones 1, 2, 3 but then it wont continue to zone 4,5,6.
There is no mechanical issue as I can manually turn on the valves for the zones 4,5,6 and they will work fine.
There seems to be some electrical issue in the valve box for zone 3 where sometimes if I jiggle the wires a bit, the zone 4 will start and the system will cycle through fine.
But the problem returns the next time.
The problem seems to have started after the valve box for zone 3 started leaking.
I would really appreciate some help in trying to DIY and fix this issue.
I had one guy take a look and he was asking for $600 for the problem.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The usual way of wiring electric valve from the controller is to run individual hot wires to each valve and to link the common (ground) wire from valve to valve. I would look at the connection between valve 3 and valve 4. I suspect it has separated, probably inside a wire nut.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks