Snapped threads on outside faucet..

Users who are viewing this thread

gogi

Reaction score
:mad: I screwed up.

I waited too long before removing the garden hose outside my house from the faucet. I know, idiot! IT was really warm in North Jersey in Decmber through January, so I was getting in some extra work. Well it turned cold fast and when I tried to unscrew the garden hose it snapped the threads off.

Spring is here and I know have to get this fixed. I located the shut off valve inside the basement before the pipe punches through the wall to the outside. How should I go about repairing this? Can I get the needed parts at Home depot? I think I need a new faucet and some pipe to either connect all the way back to the shut off valve . Can I just attach a new faucet to the outside? I know this is pretty simple stuff for the pros on this forum, but I just need some inital guidance.

Any help is appreciated...!

Gogi:confused:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Tough to tell without a picture. There are many ways it could have been done.
Parts can be found at the hardware stores for it.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
If the supply comes straight out of the crawl space or the end of the basement, if it's a copper line, you should be able to cut that line inside and wiggle it out of the end of the house. Solder on a new frost proof, make sure it slopes the outside, then solder it back together inside with a coupling.

If its galvanized you may be able to unscrew it on the inside and pull it out enough to screw a new one on the end of the pipe then push the whole thing back and reattach it inside.