slow leak on CI baseboard (water heating) air pressure testing

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I am installing #9 CI baseboard in one of my rooms. There are four sections in this big room. Three of them are longer than 10 feet. I did air pressure test on all of them with air vent installed. There is a slow leak on one of them. I can see the leakage is from the air vent with soapy water. The pressure dropped from 30 to 25psi in one hour. Doesn't matter how tight I turn the air vent, there is always a little. Is that small leakage will be ok when water is connected?

The air vent comes with the CI baseboard. It is not the automatic air vent type. I changed the air vent. It seems both of them are not good enough. But they may be good enough for water?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
An air vent on baseboard heating SHOULD be the automatic type. The quantity of water in the unit is so small that almost any accumulation of air will cause the flow to slow, or stop, and affect ALL the units on that loop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks