Shower vent problem during bath remodel

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jaglass, Feb 26, 2005.

1. jaglass

jaglass New Member

I am remodeling a 2nd story bath and am replacing a fiberglass shower insert with a custom glass and tile shower. To my surprise, the internal wall which supported the shower and separated the shower from the tub contains a vent loop and stack. I would like to remove this wall and replace with glass. Is is possible to move these DWV lines?

Appreciate any assistance.
    Jim
  2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

Sure it possible, plumbing gets rerouted everyday, bet it can be done.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

possibility

Anything is possible if you have enough time and money.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can move them, but do make sure you retain venting for these.

I had a customer that had allowed a handyman to plumb in his shower, and seperate jetted tub on the same line.
    When he drained the tub, lot's of black dirty water would rise up in the shower.

Downstairs the handyman had cut in a washer drain into the upstairs sink waste line. When the upstairs sink drained, it overflowed the washer below.
    Each fixture, should have it's own p-trap and vent within the proper distance to prevent the trap from siphoning.
    The only fixture without a p-trap is the toilet, the reason being that is is built into the toilet.