Shower head height

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by richrc1131, Apr 2, 2009.

1. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

How high should a shower head be placed above the tub rim?

I'm asking this because I am remodeling a bathroom that was originally worked on by a guy with a serious drinking problem and I'm new to this stuff.
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The height can vary...
    based on preference of the users...
    I assure you that Michael Jordan's showerhead is much higher than mine.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

height

A "littel person" would have his lower than Yao Ming would. Normally we install them 75" above the shower floor.
  4. richrc1131

richrc1131 New Member

Sounds good.

Thanks. I needed a standard height because we will be selling this house and I don't want the shower head height to be too "off". A height of 75" sounds good.
  5. C NUMB

C NUMB Plumbing Contractor

We mount ours at 6' 8" off rough floor unless the homeowner specifies another height
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The hole in the wall verses where the showerhead ends up are two different things! I really don't like to have to bend over to stand under the shower. It will depend on the arm and the length of the showerhead where it ends up, and personally, I like it as high as I can get it while still being able to reach to adjust, if desired.