Shower floor cracked

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by amarks, Apr 13, 2005.

1. amarks

amarks New Member

How can I repair my cracked shower floor without removing entire enclosure? I don't know if it's fiberglass or some sort of plastic material (how can I tell?). It's one of those seamless corner enclosures with the "tile look" walls. The floor is textured for non slipping and is all in one with the walls so the floor alone can't be removed without removing the entire stall which we don't want to do. If this is fiberglass I know there are fiberglass repair kits available but will they work since my shower floor is textured not smooth? Any advice/suggestions?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If it's fiberglass, they should work.

I don't think you will be able to duplicate the texture. The texture was likley part of the mold.

In the phone book, (bathtub) you will find people that repair fiberglass.