Shower Base options ???

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by frappe10, Mar 15, 2005.

1. frappe10

frappe10 New Member

we have just built a house and are finding no options for a shower base, we wanted to go tile base but was recommended against due to possible leakage, so we were told we need to by a synthetic marble base... our shower is 4' wide x 5' deep is this the only solution, if so is there anything that needs to be done under the base? is it still possiblt to put a seat in the shower area. If so does it go up to the base or should it be built in the base. please give recommendations we are :eek: as the base is approx $3000 plus tax and install.... also another reason why they recommended against tile is we built a log home there is constant movement from the logs
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Any base that is 4 feet by 5 feet is going to be a tough install.

You might ask over at the JohnBridge tile forum, they have a lot of answers about tile there.

I will say that the poured marble pans work well though, and can be in any size.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If you have the room, how about a freestanding shower assembly (tiled)? there are some around. spend a little time and look at www.wedi.de . Note, I don't work for them, nor am I a pro, but they have some really neat products.