short toilet (like Eljer canterbury) wanted - ideas?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by scottyt, Jul 6, 2005.

1. scottyt

scottyt New Member

We're remodeling a small cottage. Best place for a new toilet is under a low window. Want the tank to be below the window sill. This limits me to 24" in height. We were going to buy the Eljer Canterbury, but the recent reviews in Consumer Reports says it's only "fair" at flushing solids. Any suggested alternatives that are good at solids? Thanks.

Eljer Canterbury, MaP 150 grams
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Toto Supreme for a short toilet

The Toto Supreme would work well for that.

23.5" high, 26.5" long

It comes with the Toto 3" flush valve and a sweeping 2-1/8" trapway.
    This has a complete flush and low noise levels.

This toilet is good at solids and also good at fine debrie (not something that Consumer Reports tests for)
    So I would not only say it worked well in a lab setting flushing rubber sponges, but it will work well with home use.

http://www.terrylove.com/wc/toto864.htm

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  3. scottyt

scottyt New Member

Thanks, Terry. If I still lived in the evergreen state, I'd have to buy one from you. However, I'm in the garden (beer can) state.