Short-length toilets for small spaces?

Users who are viewing this thread

LR

Reaction score
Hi,

I have to replace 2 old toilets in a rowhouse in Boston. I wanted to get Caroma dual-flush, because they've been super in the other bathrooms, but the space is too small. The current ones are pretty much butting into the sinks as it is, and they're only about 26" long.

Any recommendations for a toilet that only sticks out from the back wall 26" or less? Or any shorter-than-normal length? Can't use Sealand because there isn't space for a vacuum/tank.

Looking for a low-flow, fast-flush, quiet one. Prefer round seats over elongated. Can't tell if the rough is 10 or 12".

So far the only one I've found is Toto Drake, any smaller ones?

Thanks for any suggestions,

LR

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you measure from the wall to the first set of bolts, that should be close to the center of your drain. That's your "rough-in".

It's hard to find anything shorter than 26.5 long without going to an in-wall wallhung bowl.

SLB

Reaction score
We recently installed an American Standard Cadet with a 10" rough-in in a very small, newly remodeled guest bath, because its protrusion into the room was one of the lowest we could find. The front of the bowl measures only 25 1/2" from the wall. It doesn't have a great MaP rating, but we haven't had any problems with it so far.

We considered the 10" rough-in Niagara "flapperless" toilet, which has a very good MaP rating and I think measures 26" from the wall, but it is only available in white, which my wife did not want.

-Steve

Quinn

Reaction score
Kohler Rialto - lenth 25 1/4"

I saw one on the internet - it's the Kohler Rialto One Piece.

It a 12" toilet (12" rough in) length is 25 1/4". The model number is K-3386.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler San Souci K-4007 is 25-5/8" long front to back. That's pretty short by today's standards.

k-4007-2.jpg

k-4007-3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks