Septic dosing tank alarm

Users who are viewing this thread

PatrickTheDrummer

Reaction score
I have a good size aerobic septic system for my house. Recently the dosing tank alarm started to alert for short periods, then stop. When I activate the “test pump” button, or if I activate the pump manually by adjusting the timer - the alarm alerts. So the alarm alerts when the pump is attempting to run.

The fluid level in the dosing tank looks fine, the level in the aerator tank looks normal, and the pump tank looks normal. Water is getting from the dosing tank to the aerator tank, so the pump must be working . Any ideas?

PatrickTheDrummer

Reaction score
I have new info.

This alarm is for the dosing tank. The level is fairly low in the dosing tank - not over the top of the pump. The dosing pump is on a timer. When the time comes for the pump to run the water level is below the first float, so the pump doesn’t kick on. If I use a stick to lift that first float for a second the pump kicks on and works.

My water usage has been low lately, and it is a pretty good size system. I haven’t had this issue before though. It just seems like it’s not seeing as much liquid as it’s expecting so it’s dosing more often than it needs to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks