Schematics of Moving a Kitchen Sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ms222, Sep 12, 2013.

1. ms222

ms222 New Member

Hi All,

Before I hire a plumber and pay him $75 for a service call just to tell me what can or cannot be done, please give me some guidance. I am in the process of a kitchen remodel and would like to move my sink setup about 30-40" to the left from the pictures below. Where the sink is now, will be a dishwasher, so I am concerned about the pipes hitting and the dishwasher not sitting flush on the back wall.

My main question is what is the cheapest and most effective way to move the sink piping? Extensions etc? I need something detailed so that I can talk to my friend about it who has plumbing knowledge. Thanks for your help guys.

20130908_205740.jpg 20130908_205757.jpg 20130908_205809.jpg 20130908_205832.jpg
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

you will want to move that copper DWV piping in the wall.
    Without seeing behind the drywall, it may be horizontal back there, or coming up vertical. It makes a difference which way it has been done before.
  3. ms222

ms222 New Member

Thank you, it is not drywall but cement/plaster, and behind it cinderblock. So without cutting out the plaster there is no way to tell how to proceed? Can you give me a rough rough rough estimate of what it may cost me for a plumber to move this correctly, so at least I know what I may be working with here?
  4. dj2

dj2 Member

It's hard to give an exact estimate looking at pictures which don't show inside the wall. You need to get a plumber or two down there. Most plumbers will cut the wall, but won't repair it after they're done with the pipes.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I don't even start my truck for $75.00 an hour, so my "rough" estimate would be a lot more than your $75.00/hour plumber would charge, assuming I knew what was inside the wall so I would know how it can be done.