Sand in my driven point well

Users who are viewing this thread

Michelbernier

Reaction score
Hello!
Last year my point well lack of water and the pump went on till the end of its cycle. When we came back to home there was a kind of white dry powder where the sprinklers spray. As we were going to leave the house for a couple of months I put the breaker off. When we came back last week I put the pump on to see what will happen. There is a tap on my sprinkler system to use a hose when necessary, so I put a hose on the tap and the water that came was a dense mix of water and very thin white sand leaving an amount of sand.
I dont know what to do with that trouble. Should I let the pump work till the sand will be totally removed and get clear water? or is it the point filter which is damaged and I have to replace all the pipe with its filter point? Is it possible that very thin sand pass through the filter or it is because lacking of water with pump still running with sucking pressure forced sand to pass through the filter? All opinions will be appreciate.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The size of slots in the drive point should be small enough to prevent the sand from entering. Either the slots were sized wrong, or you have a problem like a hole or break in the casing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks