Rusted lav needs replacement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Terry, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Porcelain on steel lavs have a short life.
    Here is one that is rusting near the overflow, and should be replaced.

[​IMG]
    Here is the bottom of the lav.
    I prefer to use lavs made from china.
    No rusting on those, and they last a long time.
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Use a china bowl should fit right in.
  3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

Sink

Yes We Can Agree On Something I Always Tried To Replace With China When It Would Fit. In Same Hole As Old :d

Jerrymac
  4. Fubar411

Fubar411 New Member

I'm sure that sink is FROM China.
  5. Herk

Herk Plumber

I always swap out steel with china basins. Of course, there's always the off-chance that someone will drop a glass bottle in and break them.

But they don't chip from tightening up the clamps. (No clamps!) And they usually look a lot better. Some years back, they seemed to drop in price, too, so they're just about as affordable as the tin jobbies.

I installed this china basin in my home over 30 years ago, and last winter I re-installed it, including the original Peerless faucet, into a new cabinet:

[​IMG]