Roll-in shower

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by photogal, Jan 4, 2007.

1. photogal

photogal New Member

I'm contemplating having a roll-in-shower installed in my new house. The bathroom is too small but there is room to enlarge it. Does anyone know how much space is needed?
    An idea of cost? Any other aspects of this should I be particularly concerned with? We just closed on the house and I need to have this completed before we move in.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Look for a plumber who has experience doing accessible bathrooms. This is an area where improper waterproofing techniques will hurt you very badly. I would also suggest posting at this excellent tile forum:
    www.johnbridge.com They are experts in this type of construction.
  3. post your layout here

and tell us more about your personal requirements.

I'll dig up the links i have describing roll-in showers, on another computer. The main planning concern is with the turning radius for a wheelchair. The main construction challenge is to plan for a drainage slope.

david
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2007