Remove Delta Showerhead flow restrictor

Users who are viewing this thread

gbsk

Reaction score
I have a Delta 75152 Adjustable Water-Amplifying Showerhead. I just got the showerhead and want a powerful stream. I live in Alaska so saving water is not a problem here. I can see the green flow restrictor and tried to pry it out with s small screwdriver and pliers but it is in there very tight. How can I get this out?

Thanks
GB

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipewrench

In the Trades
Reaction score
Screw a wood screw into the hole of the restrictor several threads deep, and pull on the screw with a pair of pliers

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've also used a small drill bit to "tune" them to allow more water through.
I had one Delta shower head that would make a whistle sound.

gbsk

Reaction score
Screw a wood screw into the hole of the restrictor several threads deep, and pull on the screw with a pair of pliers
There was not really a hole there but a recess in the middle where the O ring is. The O ring would not come out so I just put a screw in beside the O ring and did like you said. Thanks to you and Terry

Reaction score
For those looking for a better shower experience, get one of those giant rain showers instead of removing your restrictor in your current smaller showerhead.

Since water drops from the ceiling, the large diameter of the rain shower with gravity helps any low pressure woes. That's what rain is.

They don't need high pressure to work.

Restrictors in rain showers make your shower times last longer and you won't use up all the hot water in your hot water tank. Often there's actually enough hot water for the next person in line for a shower.

Water saving is less of an issue. The real savings is the energy used to heat your water tank.

Most big box plastic chrome rain showers are around 6" to 7" inches diameter, the Moen Ashville 21920 is 9" diameter. Anything large than that goes into the hundreds of dollars.

Try it. Keep the purchase receipt and you can return it and get a refund otherwise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks