Rain Bird ESP-Me - cyclic program will not start at programmed time

Users who are viewing this thread

pward76

Reaction score
More accurately, it will not start at 3:00 AM.

Program A is my only program. I have set the controller to water every 3 days, all 9 stations, and have specified durations for each station. I know the program works because I can manually run it. I have tested the cyclic programming - starting at a more reasonable time - 5:30 PM - when I am awake and can watch it start - which it does. I then re-set the start time to 3:00 AM and 0 days remaining so it would run the next morning. Nada. Rain sensor installed but set to bypass. Date and time setting are correct.

I'm getting really tired (literally) of getting up early to check the irrigation system and I'm at a loss as to what could be going on.

I have called my dealer, but he's not especially quick at responding so I'm going to see if this forum is quicker.

Ready, GO! ;-)

and thanks in advance for your help!

Pat

BRD

Reaction score
It sounds like a programming error. Do you still have it set for every third day? If so it may just be reseting itself when you put it to 0. I dont think it will come on with a "0" setting. Give it a "1" setting and it will come on the next day. If that works then just reset it for every third day.

pward76

Reaction score
It sounds like a programming error. Do you still have it set for every third day? If so it may just be reseting itself when you put it to 0. I dont think it will come on with a "0" setting. Give it a "1" setting and it will come on the next day. If that works then just reset it for every third day.

Thanks for the reply - and you were faster than the local guy. I have thought about that. When I tested it, I set it to run on the next 15 minute increment and set the days to 0 - and it worked. What I didn't take into consideration is that then setting it to 0 days to run at 3:00 in the morning - is the NEXT day. I'll keep en eye on it, but right now we've been getting a bunch of rain, and the sensor is keeping it from running . I know I can turn the sensor off, but I'll just wait a bit and see.

Thanks again and I'll update when i know one way or the other.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - and you were faster than the local guy. I have thought about that. When I tested it, I set it to run on the next 15 minute increment and set the days to 0 - and it worked. What I didn't take into consideration is that then setting it to 0 days to run at 3:00 in the morning - is the NEXT day. I'll keep en eye on it, but right now we've been getting a bunch of rain, and the sensor is keeping it from running . I know I can turn the sensor off, but I'll just wait a bit and see.

If it has a sensor then it may be on override not to water.

That is a good thing.

Good Luck.

pward76

Reaction score

UPDATE: It's working. User error. Setting it to 3:00 AM and 0 days (after 3:00 am that day) means you will be waiting 3 days for it to run - D'uh. I was not taking the crossover at midnight into account. Yes, it's a stupid mistake, but hey - it works! and the local rain bird guy has YET to call me back.... :eek:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
UPDATE: It's working. User error. Setting it to 3:00 AM and 0 days (after 3:00 am that day) means you will be waiting 3 days for it to run - D'uh. I was not taking the crossover at midnight into account. Yes, it's a stupid mistake, but hey - it works! and the local rain bird guy has YET to call me back.... :eek:

Good Job.

Operator Error is easy to fix.

Enjoy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks