rain bird controllers

Users who are viewing this thread

lougil

Reaction score
I have a rainbird 12 zone controller Model No. RC1260i which they no longer make.Mine stopped spinning I sawa RAINBIRD 1260C on **** will this hook up with the existing pin, if not what are my options?

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
You can try the auction sites for used 1260 controllers, or try your hand at repairing the one you have, or maybe find a solid-state replacement controller.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting description. I've never seen a controller spin and I don't follow what you mean by a "pin". Be that as it may be, a controller is basically just a timer that opens and closes electric valves at set times of the day. They are not especially expensive, and when one fails, it's no big deal to replace them. You need on that will handle 12 zones, so that will cost more than one like mine that only needs to control 4 zones, but they all work essentially the same way. The controller is connected to the valves with a hot wire to each, and a single common wire or ground that is daisy chained from valve to valve. So you should have 12 wires in total coming out of the controller.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I should have done my research before I posted my answer. The Rainbird 1260C is a discontinued model. This doesn't mean the one on the auction site is no good, but you might want to take that into consideration.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
By the way, a Rainbird RC1260C is a different package than the RC1260Bi ~ bigger case, and no plug-in transformer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks