Question about putting bathroom inside bedroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I once saw a video on YouTube of a bedroom that had a fully functional toilet, tub/shower, and sink literally within feet of the bed with no wall separating it or anything. I haven't seen the video in years, and I can't find it now, but I just wanted to know if you could still do that.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can put the fixtures anywhere you want to. The code just tells you HOW you have to connect them to the plumbing system. I once installed a bathtub in the bedroom in front of a window.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can put the fixtures anywhere you want to. The code just tells you HOW you have to connect them to the plumbing system. I once installed a bathtub in the bedroom in front of a window.

I once installed a jetted soaking tub in a family room.
When they later were seling the home, they wanted me to remove it. How awkward having a big tub in the TV room.

Reaction score
I'll admit, putting a tub in the living room was a pretty stupid idea. However, when you absolutely do not want to get out of bed, but you have to pee real bad, a toilet next to the bed is a good idea. (Just don't clog it.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks