Question about my Wet Vent on my Water Closet.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by moxiechef, Jun 29, 2010.

1. moxiechef

moxiechef New Member

I am plumbing a new bathroom and venting the toilet via wet vent. The Long 90 on the left is the vertical drop from the toilet. Then I had to jog it down to avoid HVAC on the other side of the block wall. The 2" wet vent is about 4'6" from the toilet drop. I am concerned that I should not have put the two 45s in before the vent. Will this work or do I need to break out the sawzall?

Thanks in advance.

JB[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

2. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

That will work. A toilet is already s-trapped so you don't need to worry TOO much about them when you're piping them in.

You dont' need to measure from the toilets vertical drop you need to measure from where the wet vent connects. And on a toilet you have 10' so you look lik eyou'll be fine in that picture.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If you are in Canada, then Doherty is right.

If you are in the USA, then you may need to vent within six feet.

There is Canada code, the least you will ever have to do
    IPC code, a little more restrictive
    UPC code, the best and most restrictive.