Pushing Down The Toto Soft Close Seat

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by in wants out, Mar 20, 2008.

1. in wants out

in wants out New Member

My customer wanted to know if her guests pushing the Toto Soft Close Seat down would prematurely ruin it, and... should she put up a sign. Didn't see anything about it in the archives or on Google. Does anyone have any experience with this?
  2. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Only potential danger I can see is that all that extra compression in the lifting mechanism might cause the seat to pop back up while someone is sitting on it :eek:.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

My gut feeling is that you'll wear out the friction mechanism quicker, but I don't know for sure.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Don't do it!

[​IMG]

Seriously nothing will happen. The friction mechanism will experience the same wear whether you push on it or not.LOL
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've never heard of problems with people pushing down the seats.
    I do it all the time, to show people how they work.

You can drop, or push.
  6. in wants out

in wants out New Member

Thanks for the responses. My guess is that the design would accommodate the pushing or Toto would be eating a lot of returned seats. And what are you supposed to do when the seat is up and you gotta go NOW?!! Appreciate all the input.