Pure Irony

Users who are viewing this thread

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the Oatey Technical Support. After talking with the first person I asked to speak to the most experienced installer that they have. This is regarding pan liner install btw.

They put me on the phone with Rob. Out of curisoity I asked Rob how many pan liners he has done. He responded with well I wrote the instructions. I asked him, well specifically how many have you done? His answer, I've never done one before!

Our country is on the verge of destruction.

Tom

P.S. I'm posting this on John Bridge as well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've known for a long time, that there are those that write, and those that do.

That's why we supply our own installation instructions for toilets.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would not interpret your experience as a knock on Oatey. They are a good company. The guy who has installed 1000 of those probably couldn't spell so they hired a tech writer!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
writeing the book on something

That is pretty funny....

probably never got his hands dirty installling one
of them in his whole life....

Just think the next time you fly at 35,000 feet......

the guy that designed the plane probably never
has flown one or ever actually seen half the parts
that went into that plane...

dont that make you feel secure??

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The guy I hike with helps on the weights of the Boeing planes.

We do have some interesting discussions about things.
I plumbed his house, and explaining how to determine whether his yard was slanting took way too many conversations.

The last weekend, he informed me that before my Lasik, I had been near sighted. Surprised the heck out of me. Me and the doctors kept thinking I was correcting for far sightedness. Even when I told him I had been farsighted, he let me know I was wrong.

And yet, they fly.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I can't remember a commercial job where the engineers plans worked perfect, we always wind up having to alter or relocate lines due to oversights or incorrect location vs HVAC or sprinklers...etc.
They've never done the work either.
In the same respect...I wouldn't want to be under a roof with I-beams sized by some guy who's sure they'll be strong enough and not specified by an engineer...just like MFG specs.
I'm not a chemist nor an engineer, though my hands on experience could show them things they wouldn't think of inside an office...their technical know-how made those things possible to begin with.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
specs

Anyone who has ever had to install a faucet knows that the guys who designed them never tried installing them, and the person who wrote the instructions got their information from those people.

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
hj said:
Anyone who has ever had to install a faucet knows that the guys who designed them never tried installing them, and the person who wrote the instructions got their information from those people.

Amen......................

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks