Pump spec help.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Raucina

Reaction score
Goulds pump for sale 395$ . Model #18LS15412 says 11 stage 1.5 Hp 3 wire.

New- old stock. Is this a good pump and can it provide a few gallons from
400-500 foot pump depth? Cannot find specs on line. Found a similar one for 895$

Opinions on the deal?

Raucina

Reaction score
Thank you Rancher. Not the pump for 500' but seems a great deal for the price.

Specs were in Spanish, but gave me the info I needed.

xtorq12

Reaction score
English version

The LS and GS appear to be the same except for the discharge head and motor adapter, silicon bronze vs Stainless. Also check valve components are different.

They were $435 shipped the first time around but none sold.

Speedbump

Reaction score
That pump will poop out at 350 feet. It will not push water a foot higher than that.

I doubt anyone but a distributor can buy that pump for that price, so I would be leary of what I'm getting.

bob...

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Raucina said:
Goulds pump for sale 395$ . Model #18LS15412 says 11 stage 1.5 Hp 3 wire.

New- old stock. Is this a good pump and can it provide a few gallons from
400-500 foot pump depth? Cannot find specs on line. Found a similar one for 895$

Opinions on the deal?
It isn't the pump depth that matters; it is the depth to water in the well when pumping.

The motor could be put on a 7GS15 pump head or a 5GS15 pump head and would give you about 6 GPM if it is 400 to 500 ft to water surface when drawn down by pumping.

A 1.5 HP single phase 2-wire motor is $520 in my Grainger catalog; a 3-wire is $418 but you need a control box. The lower flow pump head will cost more than the one you have because it has more stages.

R

Rancher

Raucina,

Is this the one on the online auction place, if not there is one there at a buy it now price that is about $10 cheaper.

Rancher

Raucina

Reaction score
I'll have a look - I recall that one was a 2 wire ?

Seller claims its old stock from a supply house that closed. 7 available.

I did buy a Goulds 2hm1f2e0 SS 5 stage 3 phase booster pump, 1.5 HP -
895$ list at 150$. Probably no one wanted the 3 phase unit - new in box.

For you big guys out there he has a 60[! ] HP submersible for 3 grand. Probably half or less of list.

Any opinions on the quality of the Goulds 5 stage booster pumps? Its a large diameter impeller, not like the cheap submersibles laid on their side.

Looking for the pump curve on that one too.

Thanks in advance for any info

Speedbump

Reaction score
Do you have a link where we can look at this pump. I'm not a big Goulds fan, so I'm not all that familiar with their pump line. I always figured any pump company that owned their own Nascar, and did the advertising that Goulds does, must be over pricing their units.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
Check the famous auction house that Rancher mentioned. Please leave one of the submersibles for me. If I were big in the biz, I would grab that 6" 60HP submersible in a heartbeat - and there are three available in crates. Probably less than the Franklin motors cost alone. PLease send me a 10% commision if you sell one at a huge profit.

Any opinions on the 5 stage booster? looks like a great unit from the pics.

Indeed they are overpricing - thats why I grab these at 25% of list or less.

correction - the 60 HP is a motor only

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks