Proflo toilet review

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by tbonebanjo, Sep 9, 2009.

1. tbonebanjo

tbonebanjo Plumbing Engineer

Has anyone had any experience with PROFLO products? I am reviewing a submittal for a church project with floor mounted flush valves specified (American Standard, Crane Co., Kohler Co listed as acceptable manufacturers). If this is fair quality, I will leave it up to the owner to decide. If not, I will reject it and ask for specified item. From what I understand, these are fairly low end. I also want to make sure it will flush with the HET 1.28 flush valve.

thanks,
    Carl in Gburg (MD).
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

What do you mean by floor mounted flush valves?

Do you mean floor mounted bowls with top spuds?
  3. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

I've always made the owner or architect approve the Proflow toilets. If it's not on the list of acceptable mfr's then it gets kicked automatically. I would remark on the submittal that the fixture is not approved without written authorization from the owner or arch.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

ProFlow, if I remember, is Ferguson's house brand. You would want to find out who makes it, because in all probabilty is it chinese. Look at their model number, then look at foremostgroups dot com, to see if it looks like their model.
  5. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

Proflo is Ferguson. Saw something that said they are Briggs toilets made in China but I don't know if that is correct.