Price Pfister OX8 shower trim and valve

Users who are viewing this thread

jwasyod

Reaction score
I was told by builder that this is a moen shower and valve. Cannot find online. The escutcheon has no holes. There is a brass ring that goes over the center and holds plate down then handle has screw in middle. I have attached a picture of valve. I am looking to replace the trim and need to know type of valve and whether its a Moen and what it can be replaced with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 388

jwasyod

Reaction score
Thanks! That helps alot. Should I assume that my Roman tub faucet is also a Price Pfister. The faucet is connected with a set screw and it has this anchor which I have attached a photo of. From their website it seems to be. Thanks again for helping me out. I won't need to cut into my wall behind my shower now.

Attachments

• IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 371

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The Roman tub valve does NOT have to be Pfister like the shower valve, but it is. The new shower cartridge will have the pressure balancing unit built it so you discard the part #974-291.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks