Possible to build my own valve manifolds?

Users who are viewing this thread

murrayd

Reaction score
Because my yard is large and the water source is off in one corner, I'm running 1 1/4" poly main feed accross the middle of the yard. The valves will come off this main feed in pairs or triples and it will be 1" poly feeding off the valves to each zone. Has anyone ever assembled their own valve manifolds? They'll need 1 1/4" hose barbs at either end. I'm not sure what to make them from. ?Galvinized fittings? poly fittings?

BRD

Reaction score
We use PVC for mainlines. But if that is what you want to use be sure all connections are tight and leak free or you will have a leaky main. Back to your question. Purchase 1" PVC manifold tee's from a irrigation supplier. They come in both male and female thread for the valve connection. After you glue the manifold together you will have to adapt it to the 11/4" poly mainline.There are various fittings you can use to do this. A supply house can help you select the fittings.

Drick

In the Trades
Reaction score
I made mine out of PVC. The manufactured manifolds were too much $$$ for me. I have a large yard and have four manifolds, and all have survived 4 winters so far. ( Even though I'm cheap I do blow out the lines for winter:)) I have 1.25 inch poly entering a barb on a 1.25 inch PVC "T", and then additional T's for who many valves I need at that location and a barb for 1.25 inch poly at the last T and then onto the next manifold. I reduce from 1.25 to 1 inch just before going into each valve.

I used threaded valves. Make sure you have enough room to thread them on when you build your manifold if you go this route.

-rick

Last edited:

killerloop

Reaction score
I made mine out of PVC. The manufactured manifolds were too much $$$ for me. I have a large yard and have four manifolds, and all have survived 4 winters so far. ( Even though I'm cheap I do blow out the lines for winter:)) I have 1.25 inch poly entering a barb on a 1.25 inch PVC "T", and then additional T's for who many valves I need at that location and a barb for 1.25 inch poly at the last T and then onto the next manifold. I reduce from 1.25 to 1 inch just before going into each valve.

I used threaded valves. Make sure you have enough room to thread them on when you build your manifold if you go this route.

-rick

pvc yes, if your planning future expansion cut them long, only down fall with pvc

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks