Plunging a Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

DonH

Reaction score
I purchased and installed a Toto Ultramax hoping for the end of all woe ... alas but it is not clog-proof. Very good, but let's just say that the MAP test should use example extrusions somewhat larger than 3/4" x 4" if they want real world results.

So my question is, what plunger is available that actually works with Toto geometry? My old standby helper is a round rubber plunger, but the Toto has a somewhat rectangular hole and it is virtually impossible to get enough of a seal to plunge effectively. Is there a brand/model that works?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any standard plunger should work that has the end that comes down to about 2" round.

Leaving a little water in the bowl to provide a seal, set the plunger down in the hole.
Using "very" short and "quick" strokes, try to get the water vibrating.
When the water is vibrating, pull the plunger up a bit.
When done right, the water will suck out of the bowl, when the plunger is lifted up.

Other methods can include pouring a bucket of water into the bowl to get the siphon started.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks