Please suggest sprinkler pump...

Users who are viewing this thread

01sesedan

Reaction score
I had a Baldor sprinkler pump for over 15 year, finally it quit.

I've check HD but don't like the plastic pump. Lowes has an Water Ace, looks like it's all cast iron but I'm not sure if it's any good.

Was hoping you guys could recommend a replacement pump.

Are they all the same?

Thanks..

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
The cast iron pumps, you are more likely to get more life out of. The plastic ones just don't seem to hold up that well.
Goulds, Jacuzzi and Grundfos, are some pretty good ones.
I hear that the flint and wally are ok. Can't say for sure never used the f/w pumps.
Witch ever way you go, go with the cast iron.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
Baldor was the motor on your pump.

I agree with Travis. Plastic is junk and cast iron is better. Big Box stores sell cheap pumps with even cheaper motors on them. Water ace is a Myers with a cheap GE motor on it. Flotec is a plastic Sta-Rite with a cheap motor.

Here are some good Centrifugal Pumps if that's what your looking for. What kind of hook up are you doing, deep well, shallow well, out of lake, pond etc? The right pump for the job is the best one. How many gallons per minute do you need?

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

01sesedan

Reaction score
I'm told the well is about 65' to 70' deep. The yard medium size, not sure how many square feet. It has 2 zones, front and back. Each zone has about 18 sprinkler heads. They are the cheap popups from HD.

Not sure what other information might be needed. Was thinking of going with a 1-1/2hp motor.

Your thoughts..

The centrifugal pump on that site is what we're looking for.

Thanks..

Speedbump

Reaction score
You still haven't told me where the water is coming from. A well, a ditch, pond, river, lake. We need the depth to water from the source to the pump. We also need to know how many gallons per minute each of these heads use. That way we can figure out what size pump you need.

Otherwise, we are shooting in the dark.

bob...

01sesedan

Reaction score
Its from a well. The well is about 65' to 70' deep.

Each sprinkler head flows 3 gallons per minute.

Zone 1
Front yard
4 full pattern @3 gpm.
15 half pattern @ 1.5 gpm

Zone 2
Back yard
8 full pattern @ 3 gpm
6 half pattern @ 1.5 gpm

Let me know if you need additional information..

Speedbump

Reaction score
We only need the water level in the well now. So your using 34 gallons per minute on each zone.

Using 15 feet as a water level and 40 pounds of pressure, you would need a 1.5hp self priming Centrifugal Pump. If the water level is higher and you can get by with 30 - 35 psi, you might be able to get by with a 1hp.

bob...

tomm

Reaction score
We only need the water level in the well now. So your using 34 gallons per minute on each zone.

Using 15 feet as a water level and 40 pounds of pressure, you would need a 1.5hp self priming Centrifugal Pump. If the water level is higher and you can get by with 30 - 35 psi, you might be able to get by with a 1hp.

bob...

I'm thinking a submersible would be a better choice for a 70' well?

Speedbump

Reaction score
It depends on the water level and the horsepower you would need for that water level and that amount of water.

With my 1.5hp 30 gpm sub, you are at the limit of the pump for that amount of water at 40 psi.

Do you have a 4" or larger well? And where is the water level standing? How many feet from ground?

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yes I sell Betta Flo and I was recommending the SFLP 150 if your water level is high enough.

I only recommend self primers if your using them with a timer, not a pressure switch.

bob...

01sesedan

Reaction score
Yes...got a timer. Are the prices on the site current? Will see if I could find a pump locally. Maybe you could recommend a local vendor? I'm in Miami.

Thanks for you input...

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm about as local as it gets. I'm in Riverview, half way from you to Tallahassee. I really don't know who would sell them in Miami.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks