Pitless adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

TimJ

Reaction score
I had my well pump replaced as the last resort to my water pressure problems and all was well... During the install the contractor had the "pitless" adapter come undone twice after completion with the pump falling down the well. He was using what he referred to as a pitless adapter, but I can find no pictures that look like it anywhere. It looked like an upside down "y". He ended up using the old adapter on the third attempt, which was in much worse condition, but was able to hold the pressure. It has been a week since the install and it is once again leaking at the connection, but since he put a hold down on it, it has not popped off.

I have contacted him and he will be out to make a 4th attempt later this week, but I am unsure if he will be able to resolve the issue under the terms of his contract.

My question is, does anyone have information on this type of adapter that I can do some research on my own, or are there quick and easy fixes to the problem that I can work with the contractor on? He seemed very stumped on why his new pitless adapter failed as he claims hes used it hundreds of times without issue. I want to avoid digging a 6' deep trench if at all possible....

Additional info:
Well depth - 163'
Pump depth - 109'
Static depth - 53'
3/4HP - 2-wire pump
7" well casing
"pitless" adapter set 6' below grade

Reach4

Reaction score
He was using what he referred to as a pitless adapter, but I can find no pictures that look like it anywhere. It looked like an upside down "y".
Take a photo or two if you get another chance.

Did he refer to it by a brand name maybe?

Try sketching what you remember, and post a photo or scan of the sketch. 800 pixels max each way.

TimJ

Reaction score
Take a photo or two if you get another chance.

Did he refer to it by a brand name maybe?

Try sketching what you remember, and post a photo or scan of the sketch. 800 pixels max each way.
Pitless Adapter.png

Quick update - After removing pressure from system, I found a bit of play in the hold down he installed. I tightened up the hold down and turned pump back on. The leaking has stopped for now, but would still like additional info to research on before it happens again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks