Pex swivel adapter leaking like crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

littlehoov

Reaction score
Hello all, i am attemtpting to fix a tiny leak in one of the tub connections in my mobile home, so far ive made it exponentially worse.

I have pb pipe so i used a pb to pex adapter with no problems, a short piece of pex, and a 90 degree adapter that is supposed to be for sinks, etc. it has a rubber cone washer inside. I thought it would replicate the old setup well. Which was a 90 degree pb fitting.

Simply put the swivel fitting leaks like mad no matter how tight i get it, and i can move the brass portion around no matter how tight the nut is. What am i doing wrong?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 962

littlehoov

Reaction score
I just used whatever type of washer was in it. These are the fittings i attempted to use:
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Cash-Acme-UC532LF-1-2-x-1-2-FNPT-Sharkbite-Swivel-Elbow-Lead-Free

I dont really know that the washers can be removed/replaced? But that is what it acted like, that the washer wasnt even touching the faucet stem....how is it. Any different from a sink i wonder?

For the time being i cut off the pex fitting and am using a watts quick connect. Not ideal, but should work for a while. Its easy access so even if i feel like i need to put a new one on every couple years its a 5 minute job unless i can find a better solution short of a new faucet, new walls, etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks