PEX Manifold Location

Users who are viewing this thread

r_ventura_23

Reaction score
I am converting a mother daughter into a single family home. I cut and capped the incoming 3/4" hot and cold that used to service the upstairs mother daughter. These two pipes fall right in a hallway closet I will be framing out. This is right across from the hall from the proposed master bathroom.

Would I be able to put the manifold in this closet? This would make servicing the master bath a snap. The only issue I see is that I would have to go up and over the hallway and then back down to the fixtures. I might lose a little bit of pressure.

Thoughts? Would the code allow this?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When you go "up over" something, you lose pressure. When you come back down, you get it back, (unless you went up so high there was not enough pressure to lift it over, then there would be no water to "come back down"). Mother/daughter could be like a Mother-in-law suite. One in Florida had a stairway chair lift to the second floor so the Mother in law suite was advertised "with an electric chair" which probably got a lot of responses.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks