Our sump pump is extremely loud

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

Terry,
    I viewed this response back from you to someone who was experiencing a loud sump pump: http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21333

My husband is not very handy. I read your response above and some other chats regarding our loud sump pump issue and he said “But I don’t know how to do any of that!!” Is there a way you might be able to give us step by step instructions – “sump pumps for dummies?” Maybe a picture of something we should buy?

Our sump pump is extremely loud and sounds like the garage door opener every 10 minutes. It basically vibrates the whole first floor. But it’s really loud in our children’s play room (that we converted from the dining room) because that room is right over the pump.

Please help. We can’t go through another winter (our second year in this house) with this noise! We’ve had plumbers come and make repairs to the pump since we moved in, so we know it’s working properly, etc. It’s just that vibration noise that is driving us bananas! Anything you can do to help us through would be appreciated.

Thank you so much.
    Patti
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  2. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

It may be time for a new pump.

I replaced my sixteen year old one with a new one of the same make and model and it was much quieter.

I could hear the old one from my bedroom. Not any more.