Other internet sites

Users who are viewing this thread

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
TERRY I totally agree with Grumpy.....

Nothing can ruin your life worse than a frivilous lawsuit.....

and here on the internet any "nut-wad" out there could claim anything that they want to....

their are plenty of peopel who would just love to sue
anyone for anything.... including advice

I think it would be wise to have that dis-claimor and
something for anyone wanting to ask a queston to
agree to when they sign up for mebership....

Thats about the smartest reply I've heard on this thread.

Period.

You guys feel insulted or defensive if I say not all homeowners aren't instantly master tradesmen because they found an internet website to guide them.

Terry...you of all folks here know what I mean.

Not looking for a head butting contest, nor to ruin the free American lifestyle.

Just saying it's only a matter of time before some screwball calls an attorney and decides it's this forums fault when he couldn't figure out that plastic vent pipes are only s'posed to be used on polwervents and his own stupidity burnt the house down.

I'm actually trying to toss a tidbit of advice...you guys are tossing sarcasm back...mama-mia!

Most other websites have a disclaimer, for good reason.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Now that we are no longer arguing about the raison d'etre for this website (it looks like we all now agree that the site is a good thing) I was about to knock Grumpy down by saying that the average DIY book does not contain a disclaimer.

But it does. Mine has a note to the readers. "Due to differing conditions, tools and individual skills, [*** Plumbing & Remodel] accepts no responsibility for any damages, injuries suffered or losses incurred as a result of following the information published [on this website]. Before beginning any project, review the instructions carefully, and if any doubts or questions remain, consult local experts or authorities [but not Grumpy because he is too grumpy]. Because codes and regulations vary greatly, you should check with authorities to ensure that your project complies with all applicable local codes and regulations. Always read and observe all of the safety precautions provided by manufacturers of any tools, equipment, or supplies, and follow all accepted safety procedures."

:)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Grumpy. Thanks for the feel-good factor.

British teeth are bad but US teeth are really not any better. Your dentists just cover things up better. Like an acrylic tub liner.

When I came here two years ago with a mouth full of grey fillings, the first thing my dentist did here was crown them all. So now I have a perfect set of shiney whites, seven grand later (on the insurance) but the signs of decay are still underneath.

Would you like to see a pic?

You're no different. After all, you're probably family.

That was a US disclaimer by the way.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
My Hollywood smile. This one goes out to Grumpy!

Thanks America!

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I've got a thing for sucking blue Clorox bowl tab cleaners at the moment.

**disclaimer: Ian does not really suck Clorox bowl tab cleaners or any bowl cleaners. This is just a dramatization. Do not attempt. Instead Ian really just has a penchant for icebreaker mints ever since he gave up the smokes four years ago.**

Cookie

Reaction score
Personally, the best advice given would be to delete the thread.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Go to bed Grumpy. I am, and you're older than me.

Good night.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In case you are wondering, I deleted some constant posting referring to lawyers and such.

This is a board for both DIY, and Pros.
You will notice when you register that we do have disclaimers.

All advice should be field checked with an on-site inspection.
Answers given here are typically general answers given to what we perceive as general questions. Without being on-site, there isn't much more you can do.

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Not at all intended as points "against" you by any stretch.

FYI, you may have a few new friends from what I can see, despite any differences.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Yep

I`m not DIY`R Iam a pro and this forum keeps me aware of all kinds of
stuff we might not know.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would like to take a moment to apologize to anyone that my earlier posts may have offended. It is never my intention to piss anyone off only to offer my opinion. We have been round and round on the diy subject enough and many opinions have been offered. I think that perhaps there was a big misunderstanding involved and Terry and I have worked through it and all is good. I want to thank Terry also for reading my PM's to him and my explanation and not just blowing me off. I think Terry is a reasonable and good guy. Hey fella's in the end we're all in the same trade and we're all just trying to get the job done one way or the other.

Thanks again Steve formerly nhmaster3015

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Steve,
I'm enjoying reading your posts.
You bring a lot with you.
I can see why people were saying good things about you.
Cool.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
D.I.Y.com banned you because you was pulling members away from the site....
That's what you think and used your powers to prevent but FYI, maybe you can learn something, below is a copy of a PM I received here today and it says I bring people TO forums instead of pulling them away but....

Why do you suppose I would I want to pull members away from any forum or Google Group? They certainly had/have more traffic than my dinky forums have.

And I have no ads or any way of making money by people going to read my forums. My forums stand alone (at my expense, next month is 5 yrs) with no commercialization of any kind. BTW, my whole web site cost's me only $7.95/month for 30 gig of space with unlimited traffic. Your forums always had Google ads all over them and I'll bet YOU didn't give the money away!

The site mentioned in the PM is the same one Mike and I mentioned above, where BTW, I checked last night and see you are not listed as a moderator there in any forums anymore.... Note that since I don't post there, I've NOW pulled one of their members here!!! LOL

BTW, that's been going on since Sharp Advice (Tom) accused me of lying in Mar 2005 because of your dumb ideas of me pulling members away and claims I was "advertising". It was a tag line; look it up if you don't know what that means AND, since all my posts are still there, and members see them as the PM below proves, I still benefit from them, so why ban me except because of ego and micro managing?

I also looked up your Stemdoctor .com site and the forum is gone and there's holes in the site. So where are you doing all the freebie help you claim?

I've deleted the many PMs I have received here. And I tell the folks to post in the forums so others can learn; otherwise I don't reply with answers. I've done that on all forums I've ever posted on including my own.

Hi Gary,

I have been looking for help on water softeners in a couple of places online and have posted topics on this site. I saw that you had helped a lot of people. If you could, please take a look at the topic I posted today and maybe give me a little advice.

I have done that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pumps and Wells have worked out "well" on this forum.
I think it does bring in traffic.
And I get to learn about pumps.
Where I plumb, it's mainly city reservoir water from the Cascade Mountain Range.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks