NSP Plumbing Code by State

Users who are viewing this thread

Royal flush

Reaction score
Hi Terry I'm looking for a little push in the right direction. I'm in NC and I'm looking for some wet vent advice. I am new to posting and im not sure if it is okey to post this question in this section I have a drawing of my single bathroom group layout and I think I'm laying it out right but I'm a little worried that my distance from start to finish could exceed my max length .I might need to add another vent near the tub drain to help out .

Royal flush

Reaction score
PLUMBING LAYOUT.png
here is a picture of my layout idea that I am working on . Any help would be appreciated

Royal flush

Reaction score
PLUMBING LAYOUT 1.png
PLUMBING LAYOUT 1.png
If I am understanding the code correctly I am okay in my second drawing as long as my wet vent/ the blue line does not exceed 12". Is this correct can anyone tell me?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A bathrrom group can be vented on the same floor using 2" as the wet vent portion.
The lav can wet vent the tub, and the toilet.

A clothes washer will need to be seperate from that.

Royal flush

Reaction score
A bathrrom group can be vented on the same floor using 2" as the wet vent portion.
The lav can wet vent the tub, and the toilet.

A clothes washer will need to be seperate from that.

thanks Terry for the reply my question was more about the distance that the wet vent would cover without having the need to add another vent based on my drawing layout on post 3 or 4 .The clothes washer or ACW is already connected to a studor vent so i'm not worried about venting that.I'm just concerned about my bathroom group. After reading 909.1 i'm concerned that I needed to configure my 3" washing machine drain line seen in post 4.

Royal flush

Reaction score
Is 8" the answer i'm looking for ? anyone .... based on table 906.1 maximum distance of fixture trap from vent
or do I need to just add another supporting vent to help carry the extra distance if my wet vent length is over 8" .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks