NSP Plumbing Code by State

Discussion in 'NSPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by Terry, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Maryland NSP at State Level, some use of IPC locally
    New Jersey NSP at State Level

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Royal flush likes this.
  2. Royal flush

Royal flush New Member

Hi Terry I'm looking for a little push in the right direction. I'm in NC and I'm looking for some wet vent advice. I am new to posting and im not sure if it is okey to post this question in this section I have a drawing of my single bathroom group layout and I think I'm laying it out right but I'm a little worried that my distance from start to finish could exceed my max length .I might need to add another vent near the tub drain to help out .

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Royal flush

Royal flush New Member

PLUMBING LAYOUT.png here is a picture of my layout idea that I am working on . Any help would be appreciated

5. Royal flush

Royal flush New Member

PLUMBING LAYOUT 1.png PLUMBING LAYOUT 1.png If I am understanding the code correctly I am okay in my second drawing as long as my wet vent/ the blue line does not exceed 12". Is this correct can anyone tell me?

6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    A bathrrom group can be vented on the same floor using 2" as the wet vent portion.
    The lav can wet vent the tub, and the toilet.

A clothes washer will need to be seperate from that.

7. Royal flush

Royal flush New Member

thanks Terry for the reply my question was more about the distance that the wet vent would cover without having the need to add another vent based on my drawing layout on post 3 or 4 .The clothes washer or ACW is already connected to a studor vent so i'm not worried about venting that.I'm just concerned about my bathroom group. After reading 909.1 i'm concerned that I needed to configure my 3" washing machine drain line seen in post 4.

8. Royal flush

Royal flush New Member

Is 8" the answer i'm looking for ? anyone .... based on table 906.1 maximum distance of fixture trap from vent
    or do I need to just add another supporting vent to help carry the extra distance if my wet vent length is over 8" .

9. Royal flush

Royal flush New Member

I ended up figuring it out on my own thanks anyway no need to reply now.