No pressure from bathroom water.. please help ASAP..

Users who are viewing this thread

Lithnights

Reaction score
Yesterday I replaced a couple of the cold water shut off valves (1/2" copper)that are in my unfinished basement. Cutting and fitting and soldering went great.

At one point, I also replaced a T fitting. This T allows the cold water to branch off for my 1st floor bath. The water line continues to the laundry room.

My only problem is that the cold water (and hot water as well) for the 1st floor bath is non existent.

The water for my laundry room is fine. Which tells me it's somewhere between the T fitting and the bath.

1) What could be causing this blockage? I did use a lot of bread to ensure no water was there when I soldered. But I thought this would get blown out when I turned the water on.

2) Why would the hot water be effected? I didn't even touch the hot water lines. The hot water in the laundry is fine.

I already tried turning off the main, draining what I could, and turning on the main again to perhaps help blow any blockage out. No luck..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we now have no water at all in our bath.

Confused...
lithnights

soldering_bread.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lithnights

Reaction score
Found part of the problem

I took the aerator thing off the faucet and sure enough it was gooped up by sentiment/bread mush. Thus that solved the faucet problem.

Now onto the toilet. I guess I'm going to have to play with the the shut off valve and the fill valve piece to get the goop out of there... Any advice for where the clog might be? I guess I'll find out..

Is this normal to have such goop (from the bread I assume) when turning the water back on?

Thanks,

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The clog should be in 1 of 2 places. At the shut off for the toilet or in the fill valve.

You can try this, disconnect the supply tube where it connects to the toilet and try blowing the line out into a plastic 5 Gal. bucket. If the water flows great from there the clog will be in the fill valve.

Depending on the age of the toilet you may want to just replace the fill valve and supply tube with a 400 A Fluid Master valve and braded stainless steel supply tube.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks