New splice fitting

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by thezster, Feb 15, 2009.

  1. thezster

    thezster New Member

    Jul 18, 2005
    Retired young... day trade stocks - and to keep bu
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Oops.. new "splice fitting".. not spice.... Need to cut into the main stack and install a "Y"... I don't have any "slack" to move the stack up or down. I don't want to install a Fernco... Yet can't find a coupling (is "no hub" the proper term?) - that will slide up the existing pipe while I make my splice and then slide down to cover the jont. Is there such an animal...?? Specialty plumbing shop rather than the big box??
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    A no-hub coupling can be rolled up and then rolled down.
    They are used all the time in a stack to insert a fitting or section of pipe.

  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: splice fitting
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice K copper to pitless splice. Jul 2, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice How to splice a hub'd wye into existing drain pipe? May 25, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice PEX, splices and cmu walls Jul 27, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Best way to splice double walled water lines Aug 24, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Needing to splice into a water line in the attic. a little help please? Mar 18, 2011

Share This Page