New softener

Users who are viewing this thread

7echo

Reaction score
I am replacing my 80 gallon tank water heater with a tankless model. The tankless will mount on an exterior wall leaving room to add a softener where the tank was located.
We have 3 people in this 1200 sq foot home. 2 bathrooms.
It will be on the hot side only.

Any recommendations on size and brand/model?

Thanks in advance, comments are appreciated!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A softener on the hot side only with a tankless is actually a very goo design. If you can set the tankless temperature with a remote control, you can enjoy a soft water shower by simply setting the water temperature to your desired temperature. Wash your laundry in "hot water", again by setting the temperature you will have all the benefits of soft water. The dish washer is already fed by hot only so you are good their. As to a model of softener, a high quality Clack or Fleck based system will last you very long. I will send you a PM for recommendations.

Reach4

Reaction score
Wash your laundry in "hot water", again by setting the temperature you will have all the benefits of soft water.
Newer washing machines refuse to rinse in hot or warm water, I think.

It may well be that softened water is more important during wash than rinse; I don't know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks