Softener/ Vendor recommendations SoCal 15gpg

Users who are viewing this thread

ahultin

Reaction score
We have had a dual tank softener/carbon filter in our home since we built it but the fleck 7000 on the softener stopped working a couple years ago but with the pandemic supply chain i struggled to find a replacement. Now our ~19yr old Noritz tankless recently died and has been replaces by a shiny new Navian npe-240a2 its time to research a replacement softener.
I did a fresh hardness test (repeated 3x) with a hach 5b and came up with 15grains per gallon hardness. Water line from the street is 2", drops to 1.25" coming into the house then it is 1" at the harpiped softener bypass.
The existing system is harpiped and used the 1" sweat adapters to the fleck 7000 but can easily adjusted. I will be installing the replacement myself.
Locally I have an account at Hirsch pipe and supply but they only seem to carry 1 and it seems a bit over-priced for what it is. I am hoping for recommended replacements and vendor source.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks