New Shower Drain Through Concrete Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

cdshot10

Reaction score
I'm looking for some help with adding a shower to my first floor powder room.

This is at ground level with a concrete slab. I am trying to decide the most proper/cleanest way to plumb the shower drain and vent. There is a basement a half story below the back of the bathroom with access to the main stack and existing sink vent. There is also a 4" cast toilet drain pipe about 3' from where I am putting in the shower drain, the toilet drain goes trough the floor and out the wall in the basement then horizontal into the main stack.

Is it proper to go directly into the vertical under the toilet without an additional vent? Should I just tap into the main stack and into the existing vent?

Any help is greatly appreciated, if I need to provide any other information please let me know!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Adding a shower to a powder room can be tight. Have you considered making the entire room a wet room and having no glass walls or curtains? It is this design of a small bathroom I feel in love with years ago when my wife and I travelled Greece and Turkey.

JW

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Is it proper to go directly into the vertical under the toilet without an additional vent? Should I just tap into the main stack and into the existing vent?

First question, absolutely not. Second question, probably but it would have to be done correctly.

cdshot10

Reaction score
I actually removed a neighboring closet and moved the entrance down the hallway so it's around a 5x9 bathroom now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks