New main drain line in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

mwendig

Reaction score
I am installing a new single story, stick built, modular home. It is a duplex with two 3 bed/2 bath units in it. Full basement underneath on private well/septic. Upstairs is done by the builder with all utilities stubbed to the basement.

Because it is modular it has a center beam in where the two pieces came together with plumbing on both sides. Therefore I am going to run main line from the corner where the septic comes in up both long sides of the basement and bring each fixture's drain down the joist cavity dropping into the main line. (No joist drilling) I think I am on the right track but I wanted to check on a few things:

-Main drain size-I am planning on 4" sched. 40. Is this overkill?

-I plan on using sweeps connected to sanitary T's for the drops connecting the joist bay runs to the main line. Any issues? Any reason to use a Wye instead?

-There are vent lines ran into the basement from the attic, I plan on hooking these up to the main line the same as the other drain lines but using a regular T. Issues?

-Future maintenance/fixture replacement ease-I plan on doing the following
*Plenty of clean outs
*Sinks will have trap adapters that the trap can be loosened and slid apart for cleaning/replacement

Thoughts appreciated!
Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks