New dishwasher makes high pitched noise

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by btmoore9, Oct 14, 2004.

1. btmoore9

btmoore9 New Member

Ok, here's another one :) When we bought our house in October 2003 we bought a new dishwasher ($500.00 quiet one) because the one in the house was 9 years old! So, about 2 or so months later it started making this high pitched noise and I cant imagine it's the dishwasher so I don't know if maybe it's the plumbing to the dishwasher....it doesn't do it all the time and not every wash either. I'm running dishes right now and it's quiet but 5 minutes ago when I started the washer it had that high pitched noise and it lasted about 5 minutes. Any ideas on this one too? :confused:

Thank you

Bridget
    Colorado
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It could be water hammer.
    When you hear the sound, open up the kitchen faucet and see if the sound changes.
    If it is water hammer, you can add a hammer arrestor at the angle stop.