New dishwasher makes high pitched noise

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by btmoore9, Oct 14, 2004.

1. btmoore9

btmoore9 New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Ok, here's another one :) When we bought our house in October 2003 we bought a new dishwasher ($500.00 quiet one) because the one in the house was 9 years old! So, about 2 or so months later it started making this high pitched noise and I cant imagine it's the dishwasher so I don't know if maybe it's the plumbing to the doesn't do it all the time and not every wash either. I'm running dishes right now and it's quiet but 5 minutes ago when I started the washer it had that high pitched noise and it lasted about 5 minutes. Any ideas on this one too? :confused:

Thank you

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    It could be water hammer.
    When you hear the sound, open up the kitchen faucet and see if the sound changes.
    If it is water hammer, you can add a hammer arrestor at the angle stop.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement