Neorest 500 leaks 1/2 cup water minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob harvey

Reaction score
My Neorest 500 toilet leaks approx 1/2 cup water min past the flush valve. I can see, hear, and measure the water leakage. Toto days I need new flush valve , cost $380.00. Seems really excessive for a component that might be readily repairable with a insignificant cost washer or otherwise. Has anyone fixed this type problem?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not dealt with that yet. I did remove and replace the Washlet portion on a newer model than that was sent to TOTO for a repair.
Let us know how that goes. I have installed quite a few 500 Neorest toilets. And a 600 Neorest for Steve Ballmer.

neo_600_top.jpg

Last edited:

Slomoola

Reaction score
I have not dealt with that yet. I did remove and replace the Washlet portion on a newer model than that was sent to TOTO for a repair.
Let us know how that goes. I have installed quite a few 500 Neorest toilets. And a 600 Neorest for Steve Ballmer.

neo_600_top.jpg

A thousand dollar toilet with what looks like cheap laminate stick on floor tiles? Priorities I guess??

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
QUOTE="slomoola, post: 578216, member: 86806"]A thousand dollar toilet with what looks like cheap laminate stick on floor tiles? Priorities I guess??[/QUOTE]

It's a marble floor and a $2500 toilet. It's a nice home, but not crazy nice. It's on waterfront in Hunts Point. When I first drove up I didn't believe it was really his home. An older home and fitting with the neighborhood. Just a regular guy in a regular place. His neighbor is Kenny G.
Steve is worth 42.6 billion dollars and had bought this 1923 home in 1987 for 1.33 million. It's worth a lot more today. I also replaced the 50 gallon electric water heater in the cabana near the dock.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/9/28/16377492/steve-ballmer-youth-basketball-coach-clippers

steve-ballmer-home.jpg
[

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks