Need to hook up hoses to old faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

bolsh

Reaction score
Hi, I live in a really old house from the 20s and I would like to put a washing machine into my bathroom and use the faucet to run water into the machine with the hoses but the faucets are super old and I don't know how to attach the hoses to them. Any ideas? photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.JPG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not going to happen with those old faucets. If they had a screw in aerator, you could probably buy an adapter, but not without one. You may be able to make a connection beneath it at the wall with the shutoffs and a T, but the size of the pipe and the shutoff may or may not be ideal for that use. If the pipe at the wall is 1/2", you could take the old shutoff off, add in a T, then put your old shutoff on one end, and a hose bib on the other side of the T, then easily attach the hoses from a WM, but it's not going to happen above a the sink level with what you have.

bolsh

Reaction score
Thank you Jim! What about replacing the faucet altogether? I would like to have the cold and hot kept separate so I can easily attach a hose. Possible you think with a single lever faucet on each side? If so, what kind? BELOW.jpg

bolsh

Reaction score
Maybe I could replace each side with two of these?faucet.jpg My only question is since this is a more modern single lever mechanism will it work?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most single handle faucets have an aerator, but then you do not get separate hot/cold to your WM. Can't see how the shutoff valves are currently connected to the stubs coming out of the wall, but if you were to add a small section of pipe, then a T, you could put shutoffs with proper hose connections on one end of the T and (I'd use new) shutoffs on the other side of the T, then you could reuse the existing faucet or replace it independently at any time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks