Need help finding replacement tub/shower handle with pushbutton diverter

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by LucasH0011, Jun 3, 2014.

1. LucasH0011

LucasH0011 New Member

Let me start by saying I have zero plumbing skill.

I started remodeling my bathroom a couple months ago. One of the first things I did was remove all of my tub and shower hardware with the intent of replacing all of it with new brushed nickel hardware. I threw everything away like an idiot. Now that I'm nearing the end of the project, I went to install the new faucet/handle/shower head kit I bought from Home Depot only to realize it doesn't fit the rough-in I have. Nothing that Lowe's/HD sells will work. The valve I have installed in the wall has a pushbutton diverter attached to it. The valve tilts upwards to turn on/off and rotates left and right for hot/cold water control. I do not know what brand/series the valve is, which makes this more difficult.

Here is a picture of what I am dealing with... (sorry, it's tilted left 90 degrees)

20140601_132313.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the handle in the below link will work? I can't tell if it tilts up and down to control water pressue.
    http://www.sears.com/lasco-simpatico-31649sn-delta-round-tub-and-shower/p-SPM7235157408

If this doesn't work, where can you guys point me to a part that will work?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Did you spray your shower wall tile? What kind of paint?
  3. LucasH0011

LucasH0011 New Member

It's called ArmorPoxy. It's a pretty nice product.

I actually found some replacement hardware last night. Sorry for bothering everyone with this.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IN that case, you discovered that you have a Delta faucet.