Need help finding replacement tub/shower handle with pushbutton diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

LucasH0011

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I have zero plumbing skill.

I started remodeling my bathroom a couple months ago. One of the first things I did was remove all of my tub and shower hardware with the intent of replacing all of it with new brushed nickel hardware. I threw everything away like an idiot. Now that I'm nearing the end of the project, I went to install the new faucet/handle/shower head kit I bought from Home Depot only to realize it doesn't fit the rough-in I have. Nothing that Lowe's/HD sells will work. The valve I have installed in the wall has a pushbutton diverter attached to it. The valve tilts upwards to turn on/off and rotates left and right for hot/cold water control. I do not know what brand/series the valve is, which makes this more difficult.

Here is a picture of what I am dealing with... (sorry, it's tilted left 90 degrees)

20140601_132313.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the handle in the below link will work? I can't tell if it tilts up and down to control water pressue.

If this doesn't work, where can you guys point me to a part that will work?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYBathroomRemodel

Reaction score
What did you use? I have the same problem. I purchase a delta 1400 series but the plumber that was doing the installation said that it will not work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks