Need help choosing a dual flush toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by olivertwist, Mar 12, 2013.

1. olivertwist

olivertwist New Member

Looking for:
    Dual flush
    One-piece
    Skirted bottom
    Elongated Seat

Sounds like Toto is a big favorite here, but it just seems too tall for my very short family and I know I will be uncomfortable.
    Current toilet is 14.5" and I'm happy with that.

So I'm looking for the above options in something shorter.

I don't want to get something so obscure that it will break or no one ever heard of it, or some cheapo brand made in China, but most of these brands are all new to me so I can't tell...

Kohler Saile sits 15" off the floor but I've read so many negative things here.
    Coroma caravelle sits 14.75" off the floor but mixed reviews, and has a "round front plus", so not sure I will be happy with the configuration.
    Fresca Delphinus sits 15.5" off the floor.
    Fresca Serina sits 15.2" off the floor.
    Ariel Monterey sits 15.6" off the floor.

Opinions on these?
    Should I look more for a shorter seat like this?

Thank you.

Added Persuade

[​IMG]
    Kohler Saile
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  2. olivertwist

olivertwist New Member

Just wanted to add that I looked at the Inax but it seems to be the same height as the toto - 16.5" off the floor.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The CST416M sits 15-1/8" off the floor.

I've installed the Kohler Persuade, it was difficult.
    We've installed a few hundred of the Aquia bowls. It's nice to have a good floor to set it down on, with the small footprint.

I just swung by a home in Seattle this morning, they have two of the CST416M and the one-piece MS654114MF
    We might do the master shower now.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

There are multiple versions of the Toto Aquia, one taller than the other.

The one Terry mentions, CST416M, is well within the height range of the esoteric ones you are discussing.

I would recommend that one to you. Terry points out in other posts that he has sold hundreds of them with greater than 99% customer satisfaction. It doesn't get much better than that.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  5. Terry

The Saile is like the Persuade in how it installs. Notice how close to the wall it sets?
    And how does the water supply line up? Like the Persuade, the connection is hidden, and then it exits the bowl through a hole. You need to make sure that the shutoff location is correct for this bowl.

It's just like the Persuade.

[​IMG]

The mounting bracket for the Kohler.

I have not seen the Fresca toilets. Has any plumber heard of them?
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  6. benlinus

benlinus New Member

Kohler Persuade is really terrible and difficult to install. I just want and ll suggest you to have Roca Giralda Range Close Coupled . Stunning in its simplicity, This is a beautiful Close Coupled WC (CC/WC) that would make a perfect addition to any bathroom setting. This WC has two seat options and also the choice of a top flush cistern to complete the package.
    wall hung pan-74x74.jpg back to wall-74x74.jpg close coupled wc-228x228.jpg
  7. agruenke

agruenke New Member

Terry, The Fresca toilets are actually manufactured by EAGO. They are one of the Leading bathroom product suppliers in Europe and Asia. Just relatively new to the north american market. The reason for all the confusion is that they let companies in North america purchase product with there own brand name on it so it is confusing to people.

They are a great toilet. I Personally think they look much better and perform as good if not better than Toto and Kohler toilets.

they have a nice one piece design and the hidden mounting bolts add to a nice look and with fully glazed 3.5" trapways.

They are available in Canada from http://perfectbath.com/toilets/

Terry you should really consider offering them on your website here. Once you use them you will love them. They look great and flow amazing... they give you best bang for your buck.
  8. Terry

I installed one a few blocks from my home the other day.
    It's just an inexpensive washdown bowl as far as I could tell.