Users who are viewing this thread

olivertwist

Reaction score
Looking for:
Dual flush
One-piece
Skirted bottom
Elongated Seat

Sounds like Toto is a big favorite here, but it just seems too tall for my very short family and I know I will be uncomfortable.
Current toilet is 14.5" and I'm happy with that.

So I'm looking for the above options in something shorter.

I don't want to get something so obscure that it will break or no one ever heard of it, or some cheapo brand made in China, but most of these brands are all new to me so I can't tell...

Kohler Saile sits 15" off the floor but I've read so many negative things here.
Coroma caravelle sits 14.75" off the floor but mixed reviews, and has a "round front plus", so not sure I will be happy with the configuration.
Fresca Delphinus sits 15.5" off the floor.
Fresca Serina sits 15.2" off the floor.
Ariel Monterey sits 15.6" off the floor.

Opinions on these?
Should I look more for a shorter seat like this?

Thank you.

bmdc_07.jpg

Added Persuade

Kohler Saile

Last edited by a moderator:

olivertwist

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that I looked at the Inax but it seems to be the same height as the toto - 16.5" off the floor.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The CST416M sits 15-1/8" off the floor.

I've installed the Kohler Persuade, it was difficult.
We've installed a few hundred of the Aquia bowls. It's nice to have a good floor to set it down on, with the small footprint.

I just swung by a home in Seattle this morning, they have two of the CST416M and the one-piece MS654114MF
We might do the master shower now.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
There are multiple versions of the Toto Aquia, one taller than the other.

The one Terry mentions, CST416M, is well within the height range of the esoteric ones you are discussing.

I would recommend that one to you. Terry points out in other posts that he has sold hundreds of them with greater than 99% customer satisfaction. It doesn't get much better than that.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Saile is like the Persuade in how it installs. Notice how close to the wall it sets?
And how does the water supply line up? Like the Persuade, the connection is hidden, and then it exits the bowl through a hole. You need to make sure that the shutoff location is correct for this bowl.

It's just like the Persuade.

persuade_mounting.jpg

The mounting bracket for the Kohler.

I have not seen the Fresca toilets. Has any plumber heard of them?

Last edited:

benlinus

Reaction score
Kohler Persuade is really terrible and difficult to install. I just want and ll suggest you to have Roca Giralda Range Close Coupled . Stunning in its simplicity, This is a beautiful Close Coupled WC (CC/WC) that would make a perfect addition to any bathroom setting. This WC has two seat options and also the choice of a top flush cistern to complete the package.
wall hung pan-74x74.jpgback to wall-74x74.jpgclose coupled wc-228x228.jpg

agruenke

Reaction score
I have not seen the Fresca toilets. Has any plumber heard of them?

Terry, The Fresca toilets are actually manufactured by EAGO. They are one of the Leading bathroom product suppliers in Europe and Asia. Just relatively new to the north american market. The reason for all the confusion is that they let companies in North america purchase product with there own brand name on it so it is confusing to people.

They are a great toilet. I Personally think they look much better and perform as good if not better than Toto and Kohler toilets.

they have a nice one piece design and the hidden mounting bolts add to a nice look and with fully glazed 3.5" trapways.

They are available in Canada from http://perfectbath.com/toilets/

Terry you should really consider offering them on your website here. Once you use them you will love them. They look great and flow amazing... they give you best bang for your buck.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
EAGO
I Personally think they look much better and perform as good if not better than Toto and Kohler toilets.

I installed one a few blocks from my home the other day.
It's just an inexpensive washdown bowl as far as I could tell.

NC1

Reaction score
Hi, i have had 2 Kohler Persuades installed. they both flush differently. One of them does not fully empty before it starts filling up again resulting in it needing a double flush. The other Persuade on the other hand is not a problem. I called Kohler and they advised a "water level" issue but they are the same. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Pop the tank cover off and verify that the small rubber hose is pointed at the overflow tube and is flowing. It may have become dislodged and is filling the tank verses the bowl, which means there isn't enough water there for a proper flush. The first flush attempt refills the bowl, and then the second one actually works. Most toilets use the overflow and a hose to fill the tank. Kohler likes to be different, so can't say on that model what fills the bowl

NC1

Reaction score
Pop the tank cover off and verify that the small rubber hose is pointed at the overflow tube and is flowing. It may have become dislodged and is filling the tank verses the bowl, which means there isn't enough water there for a proper flush. The first flush attempt refills the bowl, and then the second one actually works. Most toilets use the overflow and a hose to fill the tank. Kohler likes to be different, so can't say on that model what fills the bowl
Hi, Thanks for the reply. it is pointed at the overflow. I call Kohler and they advised possibly something in the trap. so I snaked the toilet too and through the main cleanout to the sewer. I called Kohler again and they 're advising possibly toilet wasn't glazedproperly and it needs to be replaced... but it didn't even work properly brand new with just water with no paper ever touching it. I asked them if its possibly the flush valve. I don't want to have to go through the pain of re-installing a new toilet upstairs if the bowl is not the problem. They are going to send me a new kit for the tank..but I have to wait 28 days (back order). In the meantime, if any more suggestions...i am listening! Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Try pouring water from a 5 gallon bucket that is as full as you can handle, from as high as you can handle, and as fast as you can without overflowing. This is largely to try to wash any movable obstruction along.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks