My Pump kicks on and off alot while using water

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by grubbgirl, Nov 26, 2006.

1. grubbgirl

grubbgirl New Member

:confused: Hello, we drained and repressured our tank, but when you use any amount of water, the pump kicks on for about 10 secounds and then kicks off. It does this about every 20 secounds when water is being used. Any advice?
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

It still may be the tank. Relieve all the pressure in the water lines and check the air pressure again in the tank and see if it has changed.
  3. grubbgirl

grubbgirl New Member

:confused: :confused: Thanks. I will try to drain the tank again. Also when you are taking a shower or using the water, the pressure goods from really good to ok, you can hear a differance in the sound also. I am assuming it is really good when the pump kicks back on, and ok when it kicks off.:eek:
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

What kind of pump do you have and how big is this tank?

bob...
  5. grubbgirl

grubbgirl New Member

it is a sub pump, and i think the tank is a 50-75 gallon.:confused: :eek:
  6. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Sounds like you didn't really get the water out. And the tank may be bad.

bob...