my daughter did the impossible, plugged the ultramax

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Did she use a half roll of toilet tissue? No toilet can handle that nor the doll, pens, etc. (Well, some can handle a pen if it is short enough!).

A toilet auger might do it. Note, it's possible the toilet passed the lump, and it is caught in the pipes. A toilet auger only goes maybe 5' max, so depends on where it is plugged.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Plungers have either a 2" end, or the black rubber plungers have a 2" pullout on the end.
Either way, with any brand of toilet, you would leave a little water in the bowl, and use the small end of the plunger in the bowl.
Using small strokes up and down, basically vibrating the water, then slightly pulling up a bit.
Normally the water will suck down at that point.
attachment.php

Another method would be using a five gallon bucket and pouring directly into the bowl.

Or using a closet auger to push out whatever is lodged in the trapway.

Last edited:

NoEffort

Reaction score
Plungers have either a 2" end, or the black rubber plungers have a 2" pullout on the end.
Either way, with any brand of toilet, you would leave a little water in the bowl, and use the small end of the plunger in the bowl.
Using small strokes up and down, basically vibrating the water, then slightly pulling up a bit.
Normally the water will suck down at that point.

Another method would be using a five gallon bucket and pouring directly into the bowl.

Or using a closet auger to push out whatever is lodged in the trapway.

Thanks,
Finally got it free, keep plunging till she let go....
My daughter is the toilet killer! I told her to do a "courtesy" flush while going! We have 5 in our family and only have a problem with the one...

Thanks again... can't fault the ultramax as I think she would clog up anything I threw at her...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I will bet she couldn't plug up a Caroma.

It has a a trapway bigger than any other toilet made.

NoEffort

Reaction score
uh oh...I think you better send her to the Toto research department for testing and study!
LOL! I'll tell her, getting paid to poop for research, she'll get a kick out of that one.

On another note, taught all my kids how to shut off water to toilets and where the main water shut off for the house is. Good idea for everyone to do the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks