Moving the shower water supply - is it difficult?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by PreciousBusterbird, Jan 16, 2009.

1. PreciousBusterbird

PreciousBusterbird New Member

Hello -

I am going to be getting a new bathtub and will be replacing the tub/shower fiberglass unit and tiling the alcove enclosure. While I was at it, I thought I should upgrade my shower. I realized that in order to install the system I want to, I need to change the position of the water supply.

I currently have a tub/shower combination, with ah hand-held shower on a rail. The water supply comes out of the wall where my normal showerhead and bar used to emerge. Now I want the water supply to come out of the wall about 5" to the right and about 18" lower to accommodate a Hansgrohe Raindance Connect showerpipe, model # 27164001.

I thought this was an elegant solution, because I could use my current diverter & thermostatic valve (pardon my ignorance of terms), but I realized today that the water has to hit the handshower part of the system first, and the rainshower head will be up where the current water supply comes out.

So is it a major plumbing job to move the water supply thing?

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Since you will be pulling the tile and backer board out, it should be fairly easy. It's the right time to do it.
  3. PreciousBusterbird

PreciousBusterbird New Member

Thank you very much! I'll report when it is finished. :)