Moen Stop Tube Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Boyes

Reaction score
I am installing a Moen Valve (not sure if it is posi or moentrol). I am trying to get the valve mounted so the handle doesn`t stick out too far. I tried to put the Stop Tube on but it will only slide on about 1/8" before it gets to the clip that holds the cartridge in. There is a channel on top of the stop tube that I assume slides over the clip but it won't. Can I file the clip down?

Also, on the Stop Tube, there is an adjustable portion with a set screw. What is the purpose of that? The moen cartoon isn't much help.

My camera is dead or I would post pics.

Thanks

Brad

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The clip is pushed down too far. Lift it up a bit, and the tube slide right on.

The set screw is to limit how far to the left the handle swings. It limits how hot the water will get.

Brad Boyes

Reaction score
If i lift the clip up the tongue will be too high to fit in the channel on the tube. We are talking maybe a 1/32" of an inch too tall on the tongue of the clip with it pushed down. Am i doing something wrong?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks